- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Calvin Klein Obsession Cologne For Men
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- SmellEditor: 93%
- LastabilityEditor: 92%
- Womens OpinionEditor: 93%
- UniquenessEditor: 92%
In this article we’ll be looking at my review of the Calvin Klein Obsession mens cologne fragrance.
Between love and madness lies Calvin Klein OBSESSION for Men.
It is a fact that women are highly sensitive to the male odor.
In the animal world, pheromones are usually the smell that emanates from the female/male. It plays an influential role on the arousal of sex.
Women are indeed highly sensitive to male pheromones. Calvin Klein believed that the ‘macho’, male odor is attractive to female so they transformed female Obsession into a unique fragrance for men.
Launched by the design House of Calvin Klein in 1986, Obsession has made its mark in the world of scents.
Pros And Cons Of Calvin Klein Obsession Cologne For Men
- Clean & Fresh
- Draws Compliments
- Great Smell
- Very Masculine And Timeless.
- Some Might Think It's To Sweet
In blending Obsession for men, Calvin Klein went to the extreme of blending an explosive combination of fresh citrus like bergamot, grapefruit, lime and tangerine while harmonized the flowery whiff of relaxing lavender, fruity nut, spicy aroma n of coriander and warmth of cinnamon.
Colorful carnation with yellow jasmine, multi-way rose tree and green pine) is muted by warm aura of amber, benzoin, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver and vanilla.
Red berries with their subtle aromas control the structure flavoring perfume with their sensuousness.
This fragrance is the brainchild of Perfumer Bob Slattery and Pierre Dinand created its awesome bottle. In 1988, Calvin Klein launched Obsession for men.
It has appealing and rich construction blending the domination of mandarin and spice.
It has undertones of amber, musk and sandalwood. This scent is so appealing and perfect choice for events in daytime.
Obsession For Men Fragrance Notes
Colognes or colognes consist of three “notes” that determine the overall scent. These notes have three varied layers called top, middle and base.They all work together to create the specific smell.
Calvin Klein transformed his female Obsession into an extraordinary fragrance for men, he ended in creating a popular classic.
The fragrance is intensely provocative, potent and powerful. It is a perfect blend of Amber, Bergamot, lavender and Musk.
1. Top Notes is what you first smell after application. Within a few hours, the scent is gone. It is comprised lighter ingredients as Bergamot and Mandarin.
2. Heart/Middle Notes hang around after clearing the top note. The aroma lingers longer about three to five hours at most. Called the heart note for it is the main theme of the fragrance. Heart notes are bevy of adorable scents as Clove, Coriander, Lavender, Myrrh, Nutmeg and Sage.
3. Base Notes are the foundational scent that clings to your skin and lasts the longest, for about five to ten hours. The base notes are composed of rich and heavier ingredients are Amber, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Vetiver.
Why men should wear fragrance?
1. Fragrance increases men’s attractiveness, aside from developing confidence with women as well.
2. Fragrance makes men strongly attractive to women. Smell is an important facrot in women when choosing a mate.
3. Women’s sense of smell is better have a better and more finely-tuned sense of smell. They are more sensitive when it comes to pleasant or unpleasant odors from people around them.
4. A fragrance awakens emotional connections between people. For animals, smell is the most powerful sense.
5. A nice fragrance is an added factor to your total impression of being a good and clean man. Wearing cologne enhances that good feeling about yourself and others.
6. Your scent is very important in this world, even in a non-dating and non-sexual scenario.
Best Scents For Men To Buy
It is true that if you smell good, you’re immediately more desirable to the opposite sex. Here are scents that will drive a woman wild!
A woodsy and musky scent—mixed with a hint of black pepper that spells masculinity;
A spicy blending dark chocolate and musk for a scent that’s sensual yet comforting.
Patchouli herb, combined with cedar and sandalwood, give this scent its manly feel making it earthy—yet exotic.
Fresh lavender paired with spicy hints of sage and pepper balance a feeling of tenderness with power.
Hints of citrus, pine, cashmere wood and leather balanced by a mahogany and skin musk.
Contrasting scents of bittersweet grapefruit and sparkling pink pepper versus warm vanilla and a tough amber musk.
Light scents of bergamot and grapefruit, combined with the rich vetiver root and cedar.
Top notes of sea breeze accord paired with spicy-sweet coriander; a lighter mid of watermint and violet leaves; and a finish of masculine amber wood and water musk.
A burst of citrus top notes, followed by spicy hits of black pepper and ginger. The lasting impression comes from acacia wood and golden Laos benzoin.
OBSESSION is in the midst of love and madness. This classic, oriental and spicy masterpiece was launched in 1986.
Botanics combined with rare woods and a provocative blend was born.
Perfect for daytime events, it gives off citrus notes that tops musky base with a hint of seductive.
It is just the right scent for the mystery and passionate man.
Fragrance is an invisible part of our personal style, and it has a powerful effect on how people see and remember you. From good cologne, numerous benefits follow from making you attractive, to helping you feel less stressed and more confident.
Researchers of Wildlife Conservation Society went to the Bronx Zoo studying smell of animals in an artificial environment. They found that captive cheetahs were attracted to Calvin Klein’s “Obsession for Men” fragrance. Even animals make the right choice!
Image Credits: PixieMe